How to remove the paint from the walls
In fact, remove the old paint from the walls - a process very time-consuming. The speed of your work depends on the type of paint, the room and the surface. For example, the paint applied to the concrete to remove the hardest. And as much as there are ways, methods, and other rituals in this regard. Let's see which ones are truly effective and which are not.
Let us examine in detail how to remove paint from the walls
It turns out that there is a lot of the most diverse and original methods of paint removal from the wall or ceiling:
- a mixture of lime, chalk, and soda ash;
- grinder with a broad range or a hammer with a special nozzle;
- a chisel or a trowel;
- or even an ax! Can you imagine? It turns out the paint can be removed with an ax! But first things first.
But with all the wide variety, not all methods are effective. For example, paint the wall troublesome burning process. Firstly, we need a special tool (the building hair dryer, gas lamp, etc.), and secondly, paint products of combustion are quite toxic and harmful to health. And what can we say, if burning takes place in a small room with poor ventilation. And to be honest, the result is not always happy, because due to the high thermal stability of the paint is not possible to burn.
Remove solvent paint. This method is suitable for almost any kind of paint. Of the minuses can be identified cash costs (albeit small, but still). Consider the process in more detail.
To start to define what to strip the old paint is not recommended, because it contains asbestos (minerals from the class of silicates, are very harmful to health). By necessity must follow some rules: work in overalls, and the floor is better to cover.
- Removal textured or conventional emulsion paint begins from the top of the wall. Take the brush, poppy solvent and be uniformly thick layer on the painted surface, the better solvent rub several approaches. Then it is necessary to wait between 3 and 6 hours (depending on the ink layer).
- Paint softened, then what? Take the scraper and bottom walls begin to scrape all the same paint. All remnants of the wall must also be removed. For this we need a stiff brush. Translational motion of the old stuff is great slazit. After you need to wash the wall, and a few times. For a start is better to wash with warm water with a solution of soda or detergent and then just water. That's all the secrets of removing paint from the wall with a solvent.
The most outstanding way to - ax with warm water (in practice &# 8212; a very long process). Best suited for the plastered surface of the wall or ceiling. Consider the process in more detail.
- We take a small ax (amiss, of course, all but a little it is most convenient) and scarifying. Shock movements "tapping" on the surface, and the smaller the gap between the incisions, the better.
- Next take nebulizer (or any rag) and applied to the surface of warm water. After 4-5 minutes plaster absorb water and soften. Next ax (necessarily acute) translational motion at a slight angle paint is removed. Simply put, you need to schesat it. Recall that the ax must be really sharp, otherwise the effect will be a little worse.
As for the Bulgarians, the process can be described as - well, just a lot of dust. In practice, it turned out that just a few centimeters of the surface grinding can zapylit room more than the tractor on the construction site (of course, we were a bit exaggerated). Yes, and the tool is not all there at your fingertips.
The conclusion is: the way sufficiently effective, but very dusty. If the work is not in the house and on the street, and the surface is large enough - the Bulgarian, perhaps, will be the most productive method.
Removing the paint mixture of lime, chalk, and soda will fit in the case, if the paint is not very good "sitting". This solution is rather weak, but "young" paint can remove easily. The process of removing the same, as well as with the solvent (described above).
Spatula with a chisel suitable if the paint to peel off and disappears almost by itself. Otherwise you're just wasting your time and effort. The process is quite simple: by translational movements rip off the surface of the old material.
Conclusion. For all the variety of ways, the most effective - is a hammer and a Bulgarian. Which one suits you best - take your pick based on the situation. Now that you know how to remove the paint from the walls and ceiling.