Interior arch – elegant interior element
Among the decorative elements of the modern interior arches occupy a special place. Arched design gives the room space, elegance and comfort. For any style of decoration of an apartment or house you can pick up the design arches, which will not only organically fit into the image of the room, but it would be a focal center, the highlight of the space.
Translated from the Latin word "cancer" refers to a bend, and it is so, we present the classic version of this structure. But in the modern interior room for the arches of various modifications, made of wood, stone, brick and drywall. Ways to decorate your home, without sacrificing comfort and a sense of space and freedom, a lot. In this publication we will try to provide the maximum possible ideas in the design of interior arches.
Arch interior - a stylish and elegant solution to a modern interior. It is perfect for creating an open design. Arch separates the functional segments of the home, but it does not allow a sense of common space to leave the premises. In any apartment or house there are rooms that can dispense with internal doors and only benefit from their absence. For example, combining the kitchen and dining room or living room and hallway. For some homes are relevant arch doorways as utilitarian spaces. Setting arches and removing interior walls, you expand the space, increase each functional area, but leave it in place.
Choosing material for arches
The choice of material for the arch directly affects the composition of construction of the walls themselves, their thickness, size and shape of the curved arch. For many materials have limitations not only in terms of weight design, but also the complexity of creating an arch shape. In the construction of a connecting arch following may participate:
- a rock;
- metallic profile;
The easiest way, faster and cheaper to manufacture arched structure made of plasterboard. After sewing the curved arch these pictures final finish can be varied. You can sheathe a tree, covered with mosaics or decorative plaster. Even the use of artificial stone or wall panels imitating brick, marble or wooden surface.
Arch stone looks impressive, it gives the whole image of the premises some massive solidity. Depending on the color and texture of the stone arch cover may be relevant in a variety of interior styles.
The first arch association with stone facing are related to the style of the country, rural motifs and closeness to nature. But such a structure can be successfully integrated not only in the suburban housing. Classic interior Provas, some varieties of country style, and even the modern style interior decoration organic look with stone arch.
Brick arch looks great in a modern interior, while it does not matter whether you decide to leave the masonry intact by treating a protective spray and varnishes or painted surface.
One of the most traditional ways of arch decoration is a wood finish. This facility will be important in any environment - from classic to Contemporary. Elegance and comfort brings a wooden arch in the room design and has no functional value background of the room itself - it is a corridor or living room.
The design of the arch - a kaleidoscope of ideas for modern living
From the point of view of the external appearance of the arch vault, the following types of such structures:
- classical or Roman arch. The Romans borrowed much from the Greek culture and architecture, but this element can be rightly regarded as his invention. The closest to us all in shape and arch design is a set with the correct radius and a semi-circular shape. This design does not contain compounds acting and is known simplicity and brevity of the external image. Classic arches look great in rooms with high ceilings. If you plan to install the arch in an apartment with a standard ceiling height, this is the option you most likely will not work.
One option is the use of the classical arches of columns and supports integration into the design with a round arch. As a rule, such structures are made of wood or stone, but for a more democratic structure of the interior can use plasterboard.
- British arches and buildings in the style of modern. Such structures differ from classical more elongated part of the body, the arc is straight and has a truncated arch radius. For rooms with low ceilings British arch - an ideal option.
- Arches with element ellipse does not have rounded corners and are quite popular option decorating the premises. The spread of such structures is associated primarily with the design flexibility. It can be used with columns, and without, in rooms with low ceilings and spacious rooms, together with other modifications arches.
A great way to isolation kitchen space without reducing the useful space of the room - the use of arch-ellipse with columns.
A similar design can be used for partial separation space boudoir or wardrobe cabinet disposed within the sleeping area.
One variation in the use of the ellipse arch structure is almost circular shape of the opening. Such structures are often used in areas where a decorative addition to cancer motive performs also a functional role - restrict the recreation area from the workplace, for example.
- Slavyanskaya arch (or "romance") - is, in fact, only a rectangular opening with rounded corners. It is still one of the universal ways of zoning spaces that will be organically look like a standard city apartment, and within the framework of a country home.
- Turkish arch construction resembles that adorn palaces, harems, and a home of wealthy residents in the days of the Ottoman Empire. Of course, for such an execution of the arch support is needed of the interior - particularly the Mediterranean execution finishes and furniture create a more harmonious image of the room.
- Gothic acute arch has set. These facilities bring the originality of the interior, but only suitable for rooms with high ceilings. Decorated with mosaic, stone or ceramic Gothic arches look luxurious interior and become focal centers.
- Arch-transom It looks like a continuation of the doors of the rectangular or round shape. Typically used at the top of the insert of transparent or opaque glass, stained glass may be used, translucent plastic with a relief.
- Thai arch (or poluarka) is a structure in which one side ends at right angles, and the second - a rounding. Thus circle radius may be arbitrary.
Cancer itself can be decorated in various ways. The structure of the drywall often inserted lamps or LED backlighting, thereby ensuring not only zoning space, but also separation of functional segment with light.
Interior arch, decorated with moldings, cornices and moldings is ideal for classical interior, and for its variations.
The combination of arched openings with other interior elements
Interior arch organically fit into the interior, where the rounded arches are already used for other interior elements. For example, in a kitchen or dining room can be used as an arched recess decor or storage, rounded shapes glass inserts in facades kitchen cabinets and pantries also promote a balanced image space.
A great addition to the arched doorway and interior doors are arched structures with semicircular tops. Of course, the door with rounded arches are more expensive than conventional models, but the cost of custom design will justify itself in the form of original and refined interior.
The same can be said about the areas in which in addition to the interior arches, round arches are used in the construction of windows. Sleek and elegant appearance of this room is guaranteed.
Arch at the entrance to the living room will blend in perfectly with semi-circular arches in the open shelves for books. The same technique can be used for closed facades lockers in the form of threads or inserts made of glass doors.