Laminate in the interior – a practical and aesthetical floor covering
In the late seventies of the last century laminate manufacturing technology was developed by a Swedish company. In the future, this process has undergone significant changes. The most significant change in the manufacturing process could bring the German specialists who have developed technology for forming a panel to be applied in our day. Also, a significant contribution to the production of the laminate was able to make the Belgian spices - they came up with adhesive-free lock connection. It was with the advent of the castle as a connecting element for laminate tiles brought this type of floor covering generally available for both commercial and residential applications.
Currently, the store offers a wide range of laminate of various quality, color palette, textural solutions, designed for rooms with different characteristics. Depending on the manufacturer and the quality of performance flooring, range of prices is also a wide range of options for the homeowner with a different size of the budget.
The composition and the laminate structure
Laminate - artificial multilayer coating, whose structure consists of four layers:
- the upper protective layer consists of high-strength or acrylic melamine resin. Complex composite materials offer a high level of protection of the decorative layer from abrasion and mechanical damage, moisture, UV rays, and other types of damage. Often, to improve the strength characteristics of this layer, manufacturers use electron beams. The layer thickness is not more than 0.6 mm;
- decorative layer of paper or furniture foil simulating usually wood (sometimes leather, natural stone). The range of options for a decorative layer is growing, manufacturers are constantly looking for original design decisions;
- a base layer of high density boards - chipboard or fiberboard, MDF. It is characteristic of this layer is mainly determined by the quality of lamin - its strength, water resistance, abrasion resistance, high loads and mechanical damage. Layer is responsible for sound insulation, heat insulation and quality of the tool joint. The thickness of this layer ranges from 5 to 12 mm;
- waterproof layer - paper impregnated with water repellent substances.
As a result of compression under high pressure and at high temperature, all the layers are joined into a single laminated board. Depending on the materials used in the manufacture of a laminate, formed by its quality, and hence the cost. Each layer is responsible for certain functional responsibilities of product characteristics and forms of the finished product.
Types and classes laminate - application features
In any housing, there are rooms with different load on the floor. It is obvious that in these areas, rather than in the bedroom, such as living room, dining room or hallway on the load floor much stronger. Based on the level of these stresses, the entire laminate is divided into classes - the number of labeling, where the first digit refers to the deuce living quarters, and a triple to commercial. The second digit indicates the recommended intensity premises terrain in which this floor will be used:
- low permeability generally characteristic of the bedrooms, guest rooms, rooms in hotels;
- Average permeability inherent to the living room, dining room, study, and in the case of commercial premises - for small shops
- high permeability in residential buildings typical of the hallway and some seating, within which are the dining room and kitchen, commercial spaces - it's waiting rooms;
- increased permeability occurs mostly in commercial areas (supermarkets, halls of hotels, office buildings).
Consider the most common commercially available laminate classes:
- 21 class - the service life of approximately 4 years. Demand for a laminate with this class is low, it can be used only in rooms with very low permeability;
- 22 class - bedrooms, children's rooms, some living (life of no more than 4 years);
- 23 class - the same service life, suitable for areas with high traffic, heavy furniture;
- 31 class - laminate for commercial premises, which is used in residential spaces, extending their service life of 8 years;
- Class 32 - has even greater strength characteristics, when used for lining of floors of residential rooms able to last up to 12 years;
- 33 class - the highest level of durability, used for walk-through rooms, service life can be up to 15 years.
Recently classes from 21 to 23, almost completely disappeared from the range of shops. The most widely used classes of 32 and 33 as the most wear-resistant and durable. If you meet the marking laminate of more than 33, you will know that it is nothing more than a publicity stunt vendors. In any case, it is always better to request a quality certificate from the store consultants.
In addition to durability and strength of the laminate is an important indicator of its thickness. Hollow recommended varies from 8 to 12 mm. The thicker the laminate, the easier it is laid, its sound insulation properties increasing with increasing thickness.
Also the laminate varies according to the procedure panels compounds:
- compound with adhesive - with sealed connecting parts obtain practically imperceptible seam without gaps. This type of laminate cheaper. But to assemble their own is extremely difficult. If you need to replace one panel, you have to change all the coverage. Because of these features, a laminate with an adhesive compound is not the most popular choice of flooring in our days;
- with locking connection - without the use of adhesive laminate is attached by means of special locks.
Properties floor covering in the form of laminate panels
In the manufacture of the first collections of laminate manufacturers have tried to create an imitation parquet floor. Gradually, the idea of stacking the laminate as parquet outdated and currently the appearance of the floor covering can simulate different types of wood, ceramic, stone tiles. To its performance, the laminate is not similar to the floor or to another popular form of decoration floors - linoleum.
Despite the fact that the thickest layer in the laminate panel is represented by recycled wood, to say that it is a natural material is not necessary. The fact is that over the decor and operating properties of matter meet the artificial layers, which allow you to attach the product is not only the different technological quality, but also a varied appearance. Currently, the general sale there are a large number of collections from various manufacturers with the material, endowed with different properties - one focuses on moisture, others try to maximize the identity of the natural appearance of laminate wood.
Each manufacturer in a highly competitive market, sales of laminate is trying to give his collection of unique properties that stand out in the mass of material. Nevertheless, one can identify a number of properties that are common to all types of laminate panels:
- high wear resistance;
- moisture resistance;
- resistance to penetration of a lit cigarette;
- resistance to scratches and dents obtained by mechanical action;
- antistatic top layer, allowing the appearance of a thick resist layer of dust;
- easy installation;
- simple maintenance, which does not require the use of special cleaning agents;
- the ability to combine with underfloor heating system;
- hypoallergenic topcoat composition;
- gorgeous appearance.
A few simple tips when choosing a laminate:
- choose laminate class in accordance with the traffic in the room;
- if the room is installed heavy furniture, it is important to select the material with the maximum possible thickness of the panel;
- laminate color should be combined with fully furnished rooms - if all surfaces are decorated in dark colors, the image of the room get depressing and vice versa absolutely bright space can cause unpleasant associations with the hospital ward;
- laminate with a V-shaped border is better not to be laid in rooms where cleaning is carried out rarely;
- located diagonally laminate visually expands the space, but at the expense of the material increases such an arrangement.
Laminate flooring in the interior rooms of various functional
The bedroom floor is not exposed to constant mechanical stress, but it must be large enough to withstand the weight of the furniture of the central object - the bed. Therefore the laminate has a meaning selected with high thickness panels, but the middle class for Improvement of abrasion with medium traffic.
The bedroom looks very organic, if the laminate mimics the type of wood, which was used for the execution of the bed and extra furniture - nightstands or tables-racks.
The same applies to the use of combinatorics between floor covering and ceiling decorated with wooden beams, floors or other structures.
If the interior of the bedroom used by a dark, almost black color to perform some design objects, the dark floor is harmoniously integrated into the overall image of the room.
For snow-white bedroom bright natural shade flooring may be the only color accent who brought the little natural warmth to the interior.
The color combination of the laminate and the material used to create an incredible harmonious appearance of the living room for the performance of the ceiling beams. It is obvious that such dark and bright color and texture solutions are suitable for rooms with large windows and plenty of natural light.
No less effectively looks bright wood species as the headlining and a similar imitation of the natural material on the floor of a spacious room.
If the room is a room in which there are several functional areas, including the dining room, it is important to find the color and pattern of the laminate, which effectively combine all space. Bright floor - not only good color, but also a practical approach in terms of regular cleaning of the premises. At surface light practically not visible dust.
Technological properties of the laminate allows to stack it even in areas of high humidity and temperature changes, such as a kitchen. If your living room is combined with kitchen area, you can stack the total flooring to create a single image of the room, without worrying about the impact on the material moisture, high permeability and mechanical damage.
When using dark-colored flooring and light colors for the walls and ceiling, we are able to achieve a visual extension of the space, which is very important for smaller rooms in apartment buildings.
Color Wenge in floor covering looks very effectively, especially in the interior with a contrasting color solutions. Shade of the floor covering is perfectly combined with window frames, ceiling beams and some furniture items. But it is important to understand that this color floors will require you to more thoroughly and frequently cleaning - dust on dark surfaces can be seen very well.
Another example of the use of the spectacular dark, almost black color of flooring in a contrasting interior. In rooms with so dark design elements it is important not to overdo it and to provide an adequate level of illumination, both natural and artificial.
Wide strips, imitating floor board, give a visual extension of the space, the floors appear larger than they really are. And with the help of the original natural wood pattern can bring to the interior of the room, not only notes of the natural heat, but also a unique design solution.
For interior seating formed mainly in cold color palette or neutral colors, such as shades of gray, flooring with a bright pattern and the warm color gamut can be a highlight interior.
To use white space warm palette of imitation wood may also be a salutary element, allowing not only to diversify the color gamut space, but also bring much-needed comfort to create natural warmth.
In the living room space, where as a color accent stands furnishings and finishes must only create a neutral backdrop for the focal elements, light laminate will be most welcome.
Laminate, in the figure is used several color combinations will be extremely harmonious look in the interior, in the design data which colors already have been applied. If sufficient natural light all the nuances of colors are clearly visible, and the interior will be hitting their balance, combinatorics, originality.
Laminate - quite versatile floor covering which will look harmoniously in almost any style of interior, it is only important to choose the appropriate pattern and color palette of the material. The living room in the loft-style laminate is also relevant, as well as in the room, decorated in a classical style.
Modern laminate is able to simulate any surface. For example, to create an interior in the style Shabby chic, vintage, Provence, or country, can be used if the laminate panel with aged surface, where "wooden boards" have shcherbinki and chipped or cracked paint.
In contrast the interior of the kitchen, where black and white combinations are used very actively, light laminate will be the most relevant. This coating will not pull the attention, and will only be functional backdrop for a dynamic combination of light and dark elements of design.
The same applies to the kitchens furnished with a very bright, where the floor should only act as a neutral background.
In the kitchen area where cabinets facades represented using bright natural wood pattern, the floor covering is best to choose a neutral color variant solutions - muted tones and texture are faintly expressed appropriately.
If you decide to lay laminate diagonally, but previously had no such experience cladding floors, it is best to seek professional help. Styling itself does not require special skills, but it is important to correctly calculate the amount of finishing material. Shades of one and the de laminate model may vary from lot to lot, so it's important just to buy the right amount of panels.
One embodiment of the floors in the kitchen cladding space - combination of ceramic or stone tiles with laminate panels. In the zone of the working surfaces with the highest chance of humidity and temperature differences stacked tiles, floors rest covered laminate. Large range of color and texture options laminated panels will help you find the harmonious combination with the material of ceramics, natural or artificial stone.
Next, several solutions of color and texture of the decorative laminate layer applied to various stylistic embodiments kitchen space.